Part II – Revelation Of Our Success In Christ Jesus – The Holy Spirit
Jesus ask our heavenly Father to send the Holy Spirit to us to comfort and teach us to speak and live
the circumspect life the He died for us to enjoy and live.
Joh 14:16-17 KJV
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:26 KJV
(26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 15:26 KJV
(26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to teach us the truth so that we would build our lives on the Love of God and not on self effort. We decide if we are going to build our lives on self effort or the truth of Gods’ Word. By applying Gods’ laws we can build a circumspect life. However without the foundation of Gods’ word we are building on shifting sand. This is because Gods’ laws work for everybody, the same way all the times. However Jesus warns us of the foolishness of building a life by self effort instead of His Word.
In the epistle to the Galatians the Holy Spirit reveals that Gospel was given to the Apostle Paul by revelation and not by man.
Gal 1:11-12 AMP
(11) For I want you to know, brethren, that the Gospel which was proclaimed and made known by me is not man’s gospel [a human invention, according to or patterned after any human standard].
(12) For indeed I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but [it came to me] through a [direct] revelation [given] by Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
In the Gospel according to Saint Matthew, Jesus said that He would build His Church on revelation knowledge and the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church. In Christ Jesus we have been given weapons to tear down the gates of hell that would hold us in poverty or defeat in any area of our lives. The weapons we have been given are the Words of God and the Holy Spirit gives us revelation as to how and when to use Gods’ word to gain the victory.
Mat 16:17 KJV
(17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
1Co 2:9-10 KJV
(9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
2Co 10:4-5 AMP
(4) For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,
(5) [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
We put our faith in Gods’ Word, knowing that He is not a man lying to us for some personal gain. We put our faith in knowing that if God said it He will do it. God has promised us that if we ask anything according to His will he hears us and has give us the answer to our prayers. We receive the answer when we pray in faith nothing doubting.
And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him. (1 John 5:14-15 AMP)
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. (James 1:6-7 KJV)
2Co 1:20-22 KJV
(20) For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
(21) Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
(22) Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
Num 23:19 AMP
(19) God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the son of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good?
Our Heavenly Father allows us to participate in the manifestation of our salvation, commanding us to work out our salvation, to study and to gain a knowledge of Him and of the Lord Jesus. It is though knowledge that be have God grace and peace multiplied to us. We can grow in knowledge to the extent that we become a partaker of Gods’ own divine nature. We are instructed to imitate God in the book of Ephesians. To imitate anyone you have to know them in a special way, so you can walk, talk, think and speak like them.
Php 2:12 KJV
(12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
2Ti 2:15 AMP
(15) Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.
2Pe 1:5-10 KJV
(5) And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
(6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
(7) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
(8) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 3:18 KJV
(18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
Eph 5:1-2 AMP
(1) THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].
(2) And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet
fragrance. [Ezek. 20:41.]
We learn how to manifest our success when we receive the revelation of Gods’ love from the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit of God. We are to become living Epistles manifesting the truth of Gods’ Word of success in our lives. Our desire to be successful should be based in obedience our Lord and Savior who has commanded us to take the Gospel, the Good News to a lost and dying world.
2Co 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
(3) Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
Mat 24:14 KJV
(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mar 16:15 KJV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Joh 20:21 KJV
(21) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
As we continue our study let us take note once again of Ephesians 5:2, for it is truly the heart of God and how to best imitate our heavenly Father.
Eph 5:2 KJV
(2) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Jesus gave a new commandment to His disciples in the Gospel according to John, chapter 13, expressing
how love would show everyone we are His disciples. Jesus also said in John, chapter 17, that God loves us
as much as He loves Jesus. How awesome is that?
Joh 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Joh 17:22-23 KJV
(22) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
(23) I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
As we grow in our knowledge of God we learn of Gods’ profound love for mankind. As God reveals His love for us we come to understand that in addition to Gods’ love for us that He Himself is love and Jesus is
the manifestation of love. How the children of God and the people of the world need to know that God loves them and has sworn that He will never be angry with mankind or even speak harshly to man ever again.
1Jn 4:9-10 KJV
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Isa 54:9-10 AMP
(9) For this is like the days of Noah to Me; as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so have I sworn that I will not be angry with you or rebuke you.
(10) For though the mountains should depart and the hills be shaken or removed, yet My love and kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace and completeness be removed, says the Lord, Who has compassion on
When we the Church come to know and believe the love that God has for us I believe that we will reach out to a lost and dying world and let them know the length, width, height and depth of the love of God for all
1Jn 4:16 AMP
(16) And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe (adhere to and put faith in and rely on) the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him.
Eph 3:18-19 AMP
(18) That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
(19) [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the
love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!